Please update your links and bookmarks, including those that point to individual databases and lists by subject, to point to the new list.
Contact us if you have any questions about this change.
Web of Science
- Online access
- Public message
- Full description
Allows keyword searching plus the ability to find out who cited a particular journal article and who was cited in a particular journal article. Includes three databases:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) 1975-present
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED) 1900-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) 1898-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (CPCI-S) --1990-present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) --1990-present
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) --2015-present.
To set up personalized alerts for the Web of Science, log onto the database using the "Connect" link above and click on "Sign in" and then click on "Register" in order to take advantaged of their personalized services, such as alerts.
Materials indexed: 8500 international journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Alternate names
- 1898-01-01 to current
- Group records
- Embargo period
- Resource type
- Content types
- Simultaneous users
- Update frequency
- Titles indexed
- ISI Master Journal List
- Print equivalents
Arts & humanities citation index (1977-1985; AI 3 A63; Bennett Reference Indexes)
Social sciences citation index (1966-1984; AI 3 S63523; Bennett Reference Indexes
Science Citation Index (1955-1994; Bennett Science Indexes)
- Open access
- Cited Reference Searching Tutorial from Thomson Reuters.
- Accounting, Anthropology, Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology (BPK), Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology (BPK) - Sports, Business Administration, Chemistry, Citation & Research Evaluation, Communication, Computing Science, Criminology, Dialogue, Earth Sciences, Economics, Education, Educational Technology, Engineering Science, Finance, Forensics, French Linguistics, Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies, General & Multidisciplinary, Geography, Geography, Human, Geography, Physical, Geography, Spatial Information Science, Gerontology, Global Health, Health Care & Epidemiology, Health Policy, Health Sciences, Humanities, Interactive Arts & Technology (SIAT), International Business, Labour Studies, Latin American Studies, Linguistics, Management & Organizational Studies, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Mathematics, Mechatronic Systems Engineering, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, Physics, Policy Analysis, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy, Publishing, Resource & Environmental Management, Sociology, Statistics & Actuarial Science, Sustainable Community Development, Technology & Operations Management, Urban Studies
- Allows electronic reserves
- Ereserves notes
- Members, subject to clause 6 below, may incorporate parts of the Licensed Materials in printed Course Packs and Electronic Reserve collections for the use of Authorized Users in the course of instruction at a Member, but not for Commercial Use. Each such item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and author of the extract, title and author of the work, and the publisher. Copies of such items shall be deleted by the Member when they are no longer used for such purpose. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as audio or Braille, may also be offered to Authorized Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Member, are visually impaired.
- Allows coursepacks
- Coursepack notes
- Users in the course of instruction at a Member, but not for Commercial Use. Each such item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and author of the extract, title and author of the work, and the publisher. Copies of such items shall be deleted by the Member when they are no longer used for such purpose. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as audio or Braille, may also be offered to Authorized Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Member, are visually impaired.
- Allows interlibrary loan
- Interlibrary loan notes
- Members, subject to clause 6 below, may supply to a library of a non-Member (whether by post, fax or secure transmission, using Ariel or its equivalent, whereby the electronic file is deleted immediately after printing), for the purposes of research or private study and not for Commercial Use, a single paper copy of an electronic original of an individual docunent being part of the Licensed Materials.
- Online terms